Wednesday, September 13, 2006

You Smoke, Right?

My friend Michael used to be a student teacher. He was talking to a fellow student teacher one day; the conversation went like this:

Student Teacher: I've had a break through with one of my students!
Michael: Really? That's great! What happened?
ST: Well, I had this one girl who kept failing her spelling tests. So I said to her, "You smoke, right?" The girl hesitated. So, I said, "It's okay; I can smell it on your breath. Here's what I want you to do. Get in a comfortable place, like in your bed or something. Look over your spelling words one by one. Then close your eyes and try to visualize the words in your mind. Quiz yourself, and--if you get them all right, reward yourself with a cigarette!"
Michael: So not only are you encouraging a minor to smoke, you're encouraging her to smoke in bed!?!?!?!"

When I came across this news gem, I realized that the student teacher must have graduated, moved to Pennsylvania, and had a son!

From officer.com:

A Conewago Township woman told police she smokes marijuana every day with her 13-year-old son as a reward for completing his homework, according to court documents. . . The boy said when he gets off the school bus, he is required to do his homework first, then is allowed to smoke marijuana, police said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home